Monday, January 26, 2009

Here We Go Again, Again

We started the morning off with a snow day – which is good. But Nikki woke up around 9:00 a.m. SCREAMING and crying that her side hurt and she couldn’t move. She wasn’t just fussing; she was really crying which is completely out of character for Nikki. Bryan, Amber and I sat with her for a few minutes, then Bryan went off to call Troy (doctor) and find out ‘what now’.

In the meantime the pain is subsiding but I noticed that she was really flushed. So Amber went and got the thermometer for me – she has a 101 fever. Bryan gets a hold of Troy (who is actually in the hospital himself with some minor medical issues) and he wants her to go see Craig (other doctor) – so we are taking her in at 12:50 this afternoon.

I’ve given her some ibuprofen and even after having that in her system for about 2 hours, her fever is still right at 101. She is just so sick of being sick and I’m honestly beginning to get really worried. Our ENT appointment is supposed to be tomorrow – oh well, one doctor at a time right?....

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ohhhhhhh no!!! Poor thing! :( I hope she's feeling better soon.

The Turner's said...

Thanks so much - It's an uphill battle. I'll be glad to figure out what is causing all this - I left you a message over on facebook and on your blog - thanks for all your support! It means the world!!!!!!!!