Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16, 2009


Well today at 1:19 p.m. my Nikki officially turned 11. We’ve had a pretty good day –I’ve got her in quarantine until her surgery tomorrow, don’t want any sneaky bugs to get in and cause another virus while she’s healing from her tonsilectomy. She’s beginning to be a little nervous about tommorow, and I don’t blame her.

Right now, her and Amber are holed up in Amber’s room playing their new DS games (that I got them today). I’m worried about the surgery but my anxiety comes more from knowing that she’s going to feel rotten over the next couple of weeks, fear that she’ll get another virus while she’s trying to recover from all the stuff she’s already got plus the surgery, and – well -- you get the general idea.

But for the moment it’s a pretty quiet, sweet day. Amber has try outs for the musical Beauty and the Beast tomorrow night, so I’m trying to stay focused on working out the logistics of getting everyone where they need to be tomorrow – and I’m thinking that if I sleep more than 2 hours tonight, that might be a good thing too.
Until later……….

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Nikki!

We're praying for you all today as Nik goes into surgery! Hopefully she'll have an easy recovery and be 100% very soon!

We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Briana Turner said Hey, So I'm mad bc I tried to write Nikki a message on her myspace and tell her happy birthday and say god luck on her surgery tomorrow morning and everything but then it would let me send it bc we're not friends on there anymore! :( I'm mad bc I knew she'd pbly be in bed bc of her surgery being so early so thats why I didnt call...will you tell her for me?? Please bc now I feel bad. I have a class at 9:30 in the morning and will get out at 10:45, will you call me and let me know how it went? I'll ttyl, g'night! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Melissa Owen Willis said Hey Lady! I know in my whole heart that all will go well tomorrow! Besides my whole family, mom and dad's Sunday school class is all praying for Nikki, her blood sugars, the doctors and you guys! The Lord is listening...I promise! I know you probably have tons of people to call, but please call me as soon as you can and let me know how she is. Like I said I know everything will go well, but I will feel much more at peace once it is over and I promised Brooke I would come tell her as soon as I hear from you (she is very nervous for Nikki). All my love to you and Nikki and listen if you need anything please call me immediatly and I will be there! Just let me know!