Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm A COOL-CAT Mom


I found this great website for parents called Juice Box Jungle (gotta love the name). It has a lot of great videos touching on different parenting quandaries and it has a section called "Truth or Dare" which is where I took this "What Kind Of Mom Are You" quiz. You can also take the quiz trying to guess the kind of mom your friends are. I haven't done that one yet, but you know I will. Anyway, this is what my test results are and at the top of the results on their website is a note saying "I want to take the test again, only this time I'll lie" hummmm - I don't agree with the last sentence on my Cool-Cat description, so maybe I'll take the test again. ALSO, the above avatar is the one that goes with the Cool-Cat mom and I don't know about you, but I just don't think she looks like me at all - what do you think that means? LOL.


You are a complex Mama! You are organized, never run out of milk, and you book birthday parties 3 months ahead. But, you're able to let go: you're not an anal foodie, and you're not a strict disciplinarian. You do your best to get the kids a healthy meal but if pizza pops up three nights in a row, so be it. And if the Lion is the King of the Jungle, then you - Cool Cat that you are - must be Queen. As queens tend to be, you are more suited to expert supervision than down and dirty tussling with the cubs. You know how to involve them in important activities of course, but Mama's got to have her space! But watch out! With your laissez-faire discipline and hands-off play style your kids may think you are less interested in being a part of their play than you actually are. Or not. :)

0 comments: