Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mouse is Gimpy




Okay, so this is the way our lives go – Nikki is wonderfully healthy lately; so how does she celebrate? She falls in gym class yesterday and is now in a wrist brace for 2 weeks! No I’m soooo not kidding! She was walking across the gym floor and according to Nikki “my feet just went the other way”; she landed on her wrist.

She didn’t immediately tell anyone that this had happened and by the time we were all aware of it, her wrist had begun to swell. I was teaching in the class next to Nikki’s yesterday, which was both good and bad. Good because I could look at it right away and bad because I couldn’t just take off and run her up to the doctor (Troy you are awesome, but don’t let that give you big head). So it was Dad to the rescue. They x-rayed her arm/wrist and it was too swollen to see if there is a fracture; so Troy put her in a fairly impressive brace for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks are up, he will re-x-ray and if a fracture shows she will be in a cast for 8 weeks.

She’s in a rather silly mood about the whole thing. She tells everyone she falls a lot because she takes after her Aunt Linda and now, because her thumb is frozen in the ‘up’ position, she walks around giving everyone a ‘thumbs up!’ When I look at her I can’t help the crazy thought “mouse is gimpy” and I think that is only supposed to apply if one is referring to a limp, but still, Mouse is Gimpy. That’s how we roll……

4 comments:

Jill said...

Awww poor Nik! LOL!

Ohhhhhh and she's rockin our JDRF team shirt! YAYYYYYY!

No Sugar Needed said...

Jill she wears that t-shirt all the time!

Hannah said...

Oh no! Poor Nikki - I hope it's feeling better soon!!

Jill said...

Awww :) We will send her a new one from our walk this year too!