Friday, September 18, 2009

A Very Special Walk Update


Okay people tomorrow is walk day! We are so pumped. I wanted to take this opportunity to let one of Nikki's best friends say a few words. She took it upon herself to organize a Max Life Bracelet sale at her school and worked so very hard to raise money on behalf of Nikki and all those affected by diabetes. Soooooo, Here is Brooke's blog:

Hello! My name is Brooke Willis and my very best friend (Nikki) has diabetes. I can never know what she goes through every day, but I do know that it hurts her so it hurts me. I pray every day and every night that someone will find a cure. I love walking with Nikki and selling pop at her pop stand to raise money to help JDRF find a cure, but this year I wanted to do more. I decided to sell bracelets at my school to raise money. I am a 5th grader at Piner Elementary. My principal thought it would be a great idea. So every morning for a week and a half I sold bracelets before school. They interviewed me on our school news and I told the whole school how I wanted to help find a cure for Nikki. I am very proud of how the students at my school supported me by buying bracelets. Every student who bought a bracelet got to hang a shoe on the wall. The wall looked really cool with all the shoes on it! Tomorrow at the JDRF walk I will get to turn in the $170 dollars I raised! I would do anything to help Nikki, she is a very special friend! Also, I know that there are children all over the world that have diabetes. I hope that this money really helps find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes, because it is a very mean disease!


6 comments:

phonelady said...

how awesome is that I ask you ? I wish all of us luck cause tommorow is walk day and pray for our feet . thanks for the blog and the sharing .

Joanne said...

Wow, what a cool friend! I can only hope Elise will be as blessed when she gets older.

No Sugar Needed said...

Thanks ladies! Sending love to all the walkers everywhere tomorrow!!

Melis said...

Isn't it amazing that when God gives us wilderness to walk through and mountains to climb He always gives us someone to go along for the ride! Both Brooke and Nikki are very lucky to have each other! I can't wait to see how they grow up...I know God has great things in store for both of them!

Hope the walk is great! Wish I could be there with you!

No Sugar Needed said...

You know you are with us!

Melis said...

Thanks my friend :-D