Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

Well it has been AGES since I’ve updated my blog. As many of you know, I’m ‘back’ in school pursuing another degree in Child Studies/Home Visiting with a minor in Family Studies. I’m happy to report that I’ll graduate May 14, YEEE HAWWW! I say all this because last semester took all of my time and energy and that is why there have been no blog updates.

HOWEVER, so much has happened over the last few months. I’ll probably take the next few entries to share some of what we’ve experienced, both good and bad. Today, I’d like to take the opportunity to extend wishes to our very good friends; their daughter was diagnosed with type 1 last night.

If you go back to blogs from the “JOURNEY” section and read about the day Nikki was diagnosed, you will see that she was diagnosed by our doctor -- who is also one of my husband’s closest friends. Last night, this friend had the ….. Well, I just don’t have the words …….. He diagnosed his 10 year old daughter with T1. As of this writing, they are in Children’s going through the first, very stressful hours of a life that now includes diabetes. Our prayers, love, hugs and thoughts go out to them. Nikki is very impatient to visit her friend and let her know that she’s not alone.

Though this incident prompted me to get off my rear and start blogging again, I also have many wonderful moments to share; but I’ll save those for a later blog. In the meantime, I hope everyone had a safe and blessed Christmas; and I hope that included great NUMBERS!

God Bless

0 comments: