Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Mouse!


Exactly 12 years ago today (at 1:19 pm to be precise) I gave birth to the sweetest little blonde baby girl - Nikki Marie! I can't believe so much time has gone by. I also can't believe how much she's already experienced in her short 12 years & how she handles everything with absolute grace!

We are snowed in, so we won't be going to a movie and dinner; we'll have to do that once we dig out or the snow melts. However, her party was this past Sunday (Valetine's Day) at Lazer Kraze. She had a great time and spent the day with amazing friends!

Alexis was able to join Nikki for her party and that was very special. It also gave Bryan and I some extra time with Troy & Andrea (Alexis' mom & dad) who we love dearly. In case I'm losing you: Alexis was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with T1. Troy is one of my husband's closest friends and, as it happens, our family doctor. He's also the one who diagnosed my Nikki almost 7 years ago.

It was a great party for many different reasons!

However, the party didn't end at Lazer Kraze, we continued it at our house: sleepover! Nikki's only gift request this year was The Beatles' Rock Band. Yep, she's a Beatles' fan! I find that hysterical, but no complaining because its music I can actually enjoy with her!

We will add this birthday to our list of blessings! Happy Birthday Miss Mouse - you make us so very proud!









2 comments:

:) Tracie said...

12! They grow up fast, huh?

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Lots of activities to do in those pictures, I'll bet blood sugars were rockin for both girls!

Happy Birthday!

phonelady said...

wow nikki it seems like everyone i talk to is snowed in except for me . LOL !!