Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'M A SQUIRREL!!


Nikki tried out for the middle school musical, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, this year. She was very nervous during try outs, but more so waiting to find out if she got a part. She had to sing a solo, do a monologue (she chose a scene from Lord of the Rings) and then do an improvisation. A few days later she came running in the door from school shouting "MOM, I'M A SQUIRREL!!!". Of course, I didn't immediately understand; but it turns out that in the new Johnny Depp version of the story (which I have now seen and love) there is a scene where a room full of squirrels test Veruca Salt to see if she is a "bad nut". Click HERE to see a bit of it.

Anyway, Nikki is also playing the part of an Oompa Loompa and a Candy Kid. The musical will be Easter weekend and I'm really looking forward to it. The director is a wonderful lady; she also directed Amber in Beauty and the Beast & Cinderella when she was at the same school (Sherry you rock). Amber is a little homesick for her musical days with Mrs. Clark as she watches how much fun Nikki is having; but she's also very excited for little sister. You can bet that there will be plenty of pictures for me to force everyone to look at :-D.

I can't help but smile a bit that my T1 will be playing a candy kid.....but then again, she is extra sweet.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Sheri - I found your blog through another D-Mom. I think its great that your T1 is playing a "candy kid"!! I look forward to seeing the pictures! We call Jacob our "sugar boy" cuz he is so sweet. =)

:) Tracie said...

Congratulations Nikki! Look out Broadway, here she comes!