Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cinderella Mouse




Just a quick update because I needed another opportunity to show off my beautiful 'baby' girl. Nikki's 8th grade formal was last Friday and I'm happy to say that she was feeling great and had wonderful blood sugar numbers for the whole weekend!

Nikki loves any and every opportunity to get dressed up, so she more than enjoyed the process of getting ready for the dance. I got a kick out of big sister Amber, because she was full of advice and compliments for her little sister; and I think she was like the rest of us -- a little shocked that Nikki isn't really 'our baby' any more.

I am happy to report that I did not 'cellphone stalk' (that is: repeatedly text Nikki throughout the night to make sure everything was okay).....I did it through Amber (that is: I made Amber text her repeatedly). Of course, they both caught on to this tactic rather early and I was given the -- very firm -- message "tell mom to stop worrying". So I ceased. It's a good thing my girls know I'm crazy and allow me to be me -- to a point, of course.

0 comments: