Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Nikki Mouse



14 years ago today I gave birth to one of the most precious, amazing gifts I've ever been given. Nikki Marie Turner arrived on February 16, 1998 at 1:19 p.m. We called her our 'smiley baby' because she was, well, always smiling. That sweet spirit has grown and become stronger & brighter along with her; in spite of T1 and Celiac Disease -- and all the 'stuff' that goes along with both of those.

As I've mentioned before, Nikki is a blooming artist. I decided this was the perfect time to have one of her designs placed permanently on my wrist. It will serve as a constant reminder of all she faces every day; and of her bravery and shining spirit. I also hope it opens doors, allowing many opportunities to educate others about T1 and Celiac.

Happy Birthday Nikki Mouse. You are my baby girl and my hero. I love you.

1 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

Happy birthday Nikki! Sherry i love your tattoo. Prayinv for that cure too.