Sunday, February 26, 2012

Outta Bed, Sleepyhead


These last few weeks have been crazy busy, which is probably my 'normal' and I just don't realize it. However, I must have been way more tired than I realized. I sat down "for a few minutes" last night around 6:30 p.m. and when I woke up it was 10:00 a.m. SATURDAY MORNING. Talk about being discombobulated - hee hee. I suffer from insomnia or rather my brain has no 'off' switch; Because of this, I can honestly say I don't remember ever sleeping that many hours straight in my entire life. I have to add that I can't say I now feel refreshed and ready to go; just completely out of sorts. So maybe insomnia has its perks?

It is now midnight (however it IS the weekend) and I feel WIDE AWAKE....why not blog. Nikki's blood sugars have been fairly great and we've had no celiac issues; both things are reasons to happy dance. I also have a new obsession; Pinterest. It's been an amazing site for T1 support and gluten free food ideas. I'm totally hooked and recommend checking it out. A friend of mine described it as a "mini vacation for your brain" and I totally agree with her.

In fact, I think Pinterest sounds like a good idea; I'll make it my next stop this evening. All for now.

2 comments:

Dawn @ Sugar Free Candyland said...

I can soooo relate! I was actually just telling my hubby recently that for whatever reason, I've just been feeling so tired over the last several weeks. I'm blaming it on winter blues mostly, but it could also be the odd ball night time blood sugars we seem to be seeing every couple days with my son. I have a hard time sleeping between blood sugar checks (or if I do, I manage to somehow oversleep my alarm!).

No Sugar Needed said...

Dawn that's exactly what I've been doing. I finally relax enough to go to sleep when it's time to get up!