Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Released


Nikki has been at home sick with a virus for the last 2 days. Its been harder for her to shake because her blood sugars have been crazy high. Nikki has some pretty important events going on this week, so she is understandably frustrated with T1.

I walked into my bedroom tonight and found this sketch -- drawn by Nikki. She doesn't feel sorry for herself because of T1 OR celiac; and she rarely complains. This sketch really made me catch my breath. It describes her feelings of being held captive by these diseases AND describes her hopes for her future (& everyone else on the same journey). It shows a Phoenix rising from the ashes. However, in this case the 'ashes' its rising from is a mixture of needles, blood and tubing.

I looked up "released" and here is how Webster's defines the word:

(1) to set free from restraint, confinement, or servitude
(2) to relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses

I don't think I need to add anything more.

GOD Bless My Mouse.

1 comments:

Susansweaters said...

I have a child who is gluten ad dairy free. It sure changes the way I shop.
susansweaters.etsy.com